Thursday, November 30, 2017
Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Monday, November 27, 2017
Sunday, November 26, 2017
Saturday, November 25, 2017
Friday, November 24, 2017
Thursday, November 23, 2017
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Tuesday, November 21, 2017
Thursday, November 9, 2017
‘See the world one drawing at a time’
Founded by Gabi Campanario in 2007, the Urban Sketcher community celebrates its tenth birthday this month. For those of not familiar with the term ’urban sketch’, here is the group’s manifesto:
1. We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
2. Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
3. Our drawings are a record of time and place.
4. We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
5. We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
6. We support each other and draw together.
7. We share our drawings online.
8. We show the world, one drawing at a time
I arrived a little late to the party (about 5 years ago) but being part of the online community has been brilliant and had a profound effect on my artistic life. To find out that there were other people who were drawing their own neighbourhoods and their everyday experiences was just a revelation. It wasn’t just me who liked to sit on street corners, watch the world go by and record it in my sketchbook! As Tina Koyama, one of the correspondents puts it, “I’ve found my tribe”.
On Saturday, sketchers all over the world are invited to take part in a 24 hour sketchwalk covering the globe. The London chapter will be taking part, meeting at the Imperial War Museum at 11.15 am.
Full details of the event which is led by Isabel Carmona can be found at http://urbansketchers-london.blogspot.co.uk/2017/09/lets-draw-imperial-war-museum-and.html Please join us if you are free and celebrate drawing on location!
Thank you so much Gabi for your vision and hard work!